My July Bloomer - for Lloyd Z

From: ItsRoTalk@aol.com

Hi everyone -
 Been busy cutting back my irises and pulling some weeds. I have some first
year lavender in bloom, which surprised me. Red ground cover roses are going
strong and my Lady Banks roses are putting on about a foot a week (at least
it seems like it!). I have several different color Butterfly Bushes in bloom,
the most dramatic being the Sungold which are at least 15 feet tall and I
think it's amazing since they are only 3 years old and were only about 4
inches tall when I planted them. They grew to 8 feet in the first 3 months!
My thyme plants are in bloom and looking lovely. If anyone wants some
cuttings of them please let me know. I have about 45 different varieties and
most are doing very well. The Stella D'Oros are still flowering nicely as are
the Gaura. I have fallen in love with Gaura this year. I planted the pink and
the white and also found some variegated pink, which makes a nice focal
point. Chaste trees and crepe myrtle are blooming, too.
 The whole point of this letter was to mention my July blooming iris. While
cutting back the other irises I came across a lovely stalk on Summer
Holidays. (I'm pretty sure this is one of Lloyds babies) I planted this one
last July and it threw up a stalk in Sept. It also had 4 stalks this May and
bloomed with all the others. Now it's July and here it is again, all by
itself and despite all the rain we've had! It's kind of nice to have this
touch of purple in the middle of a big naked space in my yard. I'm curious to
see if it will come back this fall with some of the other rebloomers. Thanks
 Got my order from Zebra Gardens today!! Looks like I'll be busy for a while!

Joni in Ga.
zone 7b
where the blueberries are gone but the tomatoes are ready!