Re: HIST: first order arrived

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 7/15/99 12:47:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
plamb5@bellsouth.net writes:

<<  MORNING SPLENDOR, GIBSON GIRL, FLUTTER-BY, CRIMSON KING,
 CONQUISTADOR, OLA KALA, QUEEN OF MAY, OTHELLO, HER MAJESTY, SNOW FLURRY,
ROSY WINGS, MADAME CHEREAU, GREAT LAKES, MISSOURI, GOLD FISH, QUAKER LADY,
BEOTIE, FLORENTINE, HONEY CHILE, JEAN CAYEUX, LA BOHEMIENNE >>

You did well, indeed!

Such a nice group of sizes, ages, colors and patterns. Pretty, pretty. Nice
yellows and blues to balance the other colors, just like Henry Mitchell
advised. You will need a variegata or two next year. I know that they do not
figure in "Iris in the Little Garden" and yes, they can be hard to use well,
but they bloom late and add snap and if you keep them away from the pinks and
whites they are a lot of fun.

I wish you well with LA BOHEMIENNE. Mine languished and then petered out,
never blooming. I would have ordered a replacement, but space is limited and
rhizomes come to me as tokens, and I find mystery oldies, and there you have
it.

Old list members know QUAKER LADY is my darlingmost bearded iris. BEOTIE
probably the next favorite, or would be if I made myself think like that, but
I don't.

Like I said, the start of a real nice collection, Pat. I'm sure we are all
delighted to see you enjoying your iris garden so much.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com

ONElist users:  YOU can win a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
http://www.onelist.com
Check out the FRIENDS & FAMILY program to find out how.  See homepage.