RE: TB: Mid July bloom report

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: RE: TB: Mid July bloom report
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:29:04 -0700

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

And Lloyd Zurbrigg (papa of SUMMER HOLIDAYS) in NC wrote:
> Dear Linda: Thanks for suggesting the crossing of SUMMER HOLIDAYS. We do
> need that need that kind of growth. We should warn others that resulting
> seedlings will not be Dykes Contenders, but they should give a few more
> good ones that will thrive in the East. We have just enjoyed a record cold
> week, - with rain, - a lovely gift. But this is the sort of things many
> introductions cannot stand, - four days of constant although light rain,
> No rebloom here. Lloyd Z Durham NC

While we're busy telling Mike Sutton how to spend his time <G>, what
pollen parent would be most likely to make eastern durable babies?  No
Dykes winners, but irises that 50 years from now, listers' grandchildren
will be pestering HIPS trying to ID the beautiful everblooming irises
that are in gardens all over the south?east.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
remember, if it's making you mad & it's not about irises (more or less),
most of the rest of us don't want to listen in.  Most of us don't even
want to listen to 2/3 of the posts about irises - we hang in for the few
that interest us & to help others with questions when we have time.  &
to tell Mike what to hybridize :)