Re: SIB: CAT: Klehm

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 7/16/99 12:16:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
e_galla@moose.ncia.net writes:

<< 	However, these year's cat. is very different. There was a post on the
peony list lamenting that their peony section (their 'flagship'
plant) was shrinking every year. ... will add that the Siberian iris listing
is down to THREE cultivars. They list no cultivars from the Hollingworth's
which were their biggest section of Siberians.>>

Well, this is dreary news. Less for the irises, which were always a sideline,
really, but for the peonies, which are magnificent and legendary. If I had
more dirt I'd have a peony walk as far as the eye could see.

<< I can personally 	recommend Chehalem without a moment's hesitation. ...
Tom Abrego is the Pres. of the Society for Siberian Irises and Ellen Abrego
was born a Schriener - same iris family. The Abregos specialize in Siberian
and spuria irises. Check them out:>>

Splendid reputation and lovely folks.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com