hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
New Trillium species discovered

Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

RSS story archive

No Suitable tag

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

I need help on the proper (or accepted!) definition of an iris pattern.

I was chatting with Ron Mullin and he mentioned that Rhonda Fleming, in the
convention gardens, was exhibiting this "undefined" phenomena. Normally
Rhonda has a large, clear white, round spot on the falls. In the convention
gardens she was often showing a streak of rim color, going from just under
the tip of the beard to the bottom center of the falls.

I *think*, but am not certain, that Ron called the effect: 'window paning'.

Does anyone have any 'good words' on this subject?


Mike, www.worldiris.com

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

ONElist now has T-SHIRTS!
Check out homepage for details.


 © 1995-2017 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement
Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index