Re: Re: stupid question?

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

> > isn't that just an anagram of vegemite...twice? Sounds like it might be
>the same stuff to me.
>Eons ago we had a TV show called "I Love Lucy" that starred Lucille
>On one episode she had been hired to do a commercial for a
>vitamin-mineral supplement rich in alcohol. She kept making minor errors
>and had to go through several takes, downing a spoonful each time. Soon the
>errors got bigger and bigger, and she was drinking straight from the
>She did an excellent drunk.
>Gerry in Los Angeles, feeling nostalgic for early TV.

I remember the 'I love lucy' show well. As children we thought that the
American accent was a 'television' accent, as some 80% of TV content was
from the U.S.  The Australian accent still sounds wrong in films (especially
when attempted by American actors!) How many of you would have been exposed
to even 1/4 of that worth of Australian content? <LOL> Don't remember the
vega.. whatsits episode though!
Cheers, Jan

It's a new program at ONElist.  See homepage for details.