Subjects for discussion - mallorn list for 'nearly irises'?

  • To: Iris-talk <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: Subjects for discussion - mallorn list for 'nearly irises'?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 10:53:13 -0700

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

> So what iris subject would you like to propose for discussion?

Sometimes the beginners get intimidated by all the flood of in depth
stuff and don't ask the basic questions that some of the 300+ lurking
listers are eager to know about but inhibited about asking.

So maybe we could have a lull to encourage a few of them to de-lurk?
Remember the old hack - the only stupid question is the one that doesn't
get asked.

Also, when I was too busy to post something, I think I saw a few
questions go by without being answered.  Keep asking, maybe with a
reminder that the question didn't get answered in the subject line.

To those who get frustrated with the 'nearly interesting' threads that
wander - my solution to that is to stay on digest mode, ignore them all
(delete the whole digest sometimes if the table of contents don't grab
me), then go search the archives for stuff I want to know.
Didn't several of the listers start a second list for slightly off-topic
posts a couple of years ago?  Whatever happened to that?  Maybe there's
a place for a new mallorn list called "almost irises".

Linda Mann
grumpy hot muggy 90+% relative humidity, temps headed towards 100.
Watching unhappy irises melt in the heat after all the rain.

Books, music, auctions, and more. Amazon.com!