Re: OT : Please change subject headings

From: "Paul Tyerman" <tyerman@hotmail.com>

>We could try putting the whole post in the subject line if that would help,
>but OT already tells the time-pressed browser that it is not about irises
>as
>such. No kind of information added to the subject line can guarantee that
>the
>post will be interesting to everyone.
>
>The list has been in a bit of a lull, and this discussion has produced some
>action. There is something to be said for that.
>
>So what iris subject would you like to propose for discussion, Paul? The
>old
>timers who make an effort to keep things moving run out of ideas sometimes.
>
>Anner Whitehead
>HIPSource@aol.com

I can only presume from the tone of this response message that my message
offended.  As I said it was not meant to do so.

At no time did I say there shouldn't be OT messages (I presume from Anner's
last comment that that is what she inferred), in fact I said that I was
interested in the start of that conversation on Rare Plants but it wandered
off the topic and I felt that it would have been helpful if the subject had
been changed to reflect this.  I suppose it'll be just taken as me being
selfish that I actually want to be able to take a part in this list and that
I do not have the time to scan every message regardless of its topic to find
out if it actually pertains to the subject line or whether it has wandered
off.  Obviously suggestions are not welcome.  My apologies for wasting all
your time.

Paul T. (Australia)

Books, music, auctions, and more. Amazon.com!