CULT: still blooming

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

The sun is just now coming up over the hills, tinting the fog a golden
peach. Trees at any distance are lace outlines only and the world seems to
barely exist beyond a few hundred feet in any direction. The damp of the
fog adds to the 40 degree chill and a winter coat feels good this time of

To say our weather has been strange would be an understatement. Always a
wild ride, this year has done its best to confuse a number of plants. The
corn is not yet knee high but Autumn Minaret (a very late Fall blooming
daylily) is sending up scapes.

Queen of Angels is the single performer left of the TBs. Pods are already
plump on White Britches, English Charm, Vanity, Immortality, I. pallida
aurea, and a very tall old favorite I'm playing with.

Black Gamecock and a wonderful purple seedling LA are in full bloom. Butter
& Sugar (SIB) is a beacon in the garden and the little Laevigata
cholchesterensis is a delight with its crisp white edge. The last of the
Spuria blooms have opened and seed pods are already showing themselves on a
few of the plants.

The early Ensata type Ensib seedlings are beginning their bloom, filling in
the gap left between Siberian and JI which are just now beginning to show
buds. The few late blooming Sib type Ensibs aren't yet showing a hint of
budding and may decide to pass this year if some real heat isn't

The plus side to the chill is the bumper crop of asparagus still coming on
and the ease of transplanting divisions of perennials that time didn't
allow for in the Spring.

This year has been cool and comfortable and easy to take at a slower pace
and if it doesn't warm up soon, it will drive me completely nuts!

Christy Hensler
Newport, WA z4b

The Best Place to Buy Movies - Reel.com