SPEC: sisyrinchium striatum

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

There's another blue-eyed grass, the perennial Sisyrinchium. There are
several species, including S. angustifolium, S. bermudiana, S. graminoides,
S. striatum.
There is also Sisyrinchium bellum that is about 6 inches tall and has
purple-blue flowers with yellow throats in late spring/early summer.

Please note change of subject heading, although I was unsure whether to use
the above, or OT-PLANTS:  I opted for SPCEC, as this is an iridaceous plant.

In my copy of Philips and Rix, Perrenials, volume 2, there is a comment to
the effect that the plant Phaiophleps nigricans, was formerly known as (no
not prince) Sisyrinchium Striatum.
How very frustrating!
The same book gives the common name of Sisirinchium bellum as BLUE EYED

Cheers, Jan Clark

Congratulations to RON MARTINO
To join ONElist's Friends & Family program, go to http://www.onelist.com