Re: HYB: iris borer in seed pods

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: Dennis Kramb
> Well, well, well, guess what I found in a seed pod this evening?  A very
> unwelcomed visitor indeed!  A small caterpillar/worm/critter, which I am
> guessing to be an iris borer larvae, had set up residence in a seed pod.

Dennis,

I think it is rather unlikely that the worm (larva) in your seed pod is an
iris borer. There are other insects that specialize in attacking seed pods
and developing seeds. Check the Archives for details.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Start a new ONElist list & you can WIN great prizes!
http://www.onelist.com
See homepage for details on ONElist's new "FRIENDS & FAMILY" program.