Re: CULT: still blooming

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>This is sooooo disgusting!  (well, not disgusting...but frustrating!)  how
>is it you are 9 months ahead of us, when you should only be 6 months ahead
>of us?  It's just not fair!  Your irises are about to bloom, and ours just
>finished!  It's just not fair!!!!!  :)
>PS:  take lots of photos of that japonica whatchamacallit for us.

You'll just have to fork out for the plane fare and visit us in Spring!
This might cheer you up - My daughter, another cat lover, sent it to me. I'm
sure you can relate to it:

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if  holding a
baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and
gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat
opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm
and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws
tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with
right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of 10.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call
spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, holding front and
rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat's head
firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down
ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make
note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered
figurines from hearth and set to one side for glueing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head just
visible from below spouse's armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force
cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water
to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from
carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in
cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open
with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold
compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw
T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize
to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last
pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to
leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Force cat's
mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece
of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour a pint of water down throat
to wash pill down.

14. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room; sit quietly while doctor
stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop
by furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for RSPCA to collect cat and call local pet shop to see if they
have any hamsters.

PS. Ex husband (vet) was having this trouble with his dog, until he
accidentally dropped the tablet on the floor and, quick as a wink, she
swallowed it!

Cheers, Jan

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com!
If you join ONElistís FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  See homepage.