Re: HYB: JI X SIB hybrids

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> Cheers, Jan Clark
> One small step for Jan, one giant leap for iriskind.

	Jan, thanks for expressing another view on this controversial
subject.

	Of course, there is a lengthy discussion on this cross  in the
archives, and Rodney merely posted the picture to show how well
branched these irises are

	Back in June, I went on the Mid South Japanese Iris Tour
where we found thousands of stalks of JI's in bloom, particularly in
the garden of Gene and Kathy Church of Rossville, TN.  Many of
these were recent introductions.  There was not one stalk showing
such branching as Rodney showed in his slide.

	Perhaps the F2's will show even more variation.  Hopefully, I will
have blooms on these next year.

	Also, and this is in the Archives, the seeds of this cross are
neither Japanese  nor Siberian in form.

	In closing and this is trite, ' To grow them is to know them.'
We have been warned before about identifying something with only
picture in hand or on a screen.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

Congratulations to RON MARTINO