Re: HYB: JI X SIB hybrids again

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	Anner wrote:

>Anent ROSE QUEEN: that it is clearly a JI has been asserted with great vigor
>in this forum by Clarence Mahan, and I will add that the foliage does not
>resemble that of an I. laevigata clone. The terms I. laevigata  and I.
>kaempferi (now I. ensata)  were used with a notable lack of precision in the
>earlier years of the century and the registration system as  we know it today
>did not exist in 1915. FWIW.

	Ellen copied this the information right out of the Japaneses Iris
	Checklist....I refer anyone to p. 41 of the 1996 JI cumulative
	checklist...OK - I just looked and should have typed:

	"INTRODUCED" by Lilley not "REGISTERED"..it was registered by the
	SJI in 1989.. it was introduced as I. laevigata.

	There is a reason why people don't contribute to this forum...
	more and more I am beginning to understand it.

Ellen Gallagher    /     e_galla@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA   /   Zone  3
Berlin, NH    in   'The Great North Woods'
To subscribe to Siberian iris e-mail robin:

To view the Siberian iris archives:

Society for Siberian Irises web page:

ONElist:  your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.