Re: HYB: JI X SIB hybrids

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>Scientists must be sceptics else science couldn't be done.
>John Montgomery

Yes scientists must be sceptics. They must doubt the authenticity of
accepted beliefs (the first definition in my dictionary), in order to make
progress. They must develop their theorems, and strive to prove them in the
face of doubters.
Christy is a true sceptic - she does not believe that JI and Sib DNA 'just
don't mix', and will most likely persevere, even if her seedlings prove to
be not what she believes them to be. If at first you don't succeed....

The other definitions in my dictionary are:
2. a person who mistrusts people, ideas, etc. in general.
3.a person who believes that real knowledge of things is impossible.

I think we have at least two different types of sceptics involved in this

My opinion anyway - Jan Clark