Re: SIB: Pink Haze

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: "J.F. Hensler"
>
> Just when I thought the Sib season was nearly over Pink Haze is blooming.

> This thing hasn't bloomed in at least the past two years!
> Is this PH's normal bloom period?

Christy,

PINK HAZE was registered as a midseason bloomer. It is a midseason, or even
early midseason, bloomer for me. It was put on the Bloom Sequence Project's
Indicators List because quite a few people considered it to be a midseason
bloomer. I think that the late season bloom on your PINK HAZE represents a
somewhat unusual circumstance. I have found with other irises that when
they fail to bloom for one or more years (not as a result of being divided
and replanted) they sometimes seem to become disoriented and bloom at other
than the expected time relative to other cultivars in their class.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com!
http://www.onelist.com
If you join ONElistís FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  See homepage.