Re: Re: AIS: Awards

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Mike Lowe wrote:
> If you belong to a special interest iris group, and do not currently have a
> web site for that group, (section, co-operating society or unaffiliated)
> AGITATE!!! There is no lack of qualified individuals -- all it takes is
> interest, a modicum of ability, a modest time investment and ENCOURAGEMENT.
> Irisarians are a community, but until just a short time ago, the rate of
> information dissemination could have been matched by a 75 year old jogger
> lugging a stack of mimeographed flyers door to door.

What a great idea.  Does TBIS have a website yet?  Wouldn't it be great
to have all the rankings of TBs for all the awards posted for the
different regions?

Anybody interested in doing a listers poll of garden performance of the
AM and Dykes winners and runners up?
I've indicated the ones I've tried to grow:

> Dykes:
>         HELLO DARKNESS - lives and blooms here, sometimes blooms hit by late freezes
> John C. Wister: (Tall Bearded)
>         BOOGIE WOOGIE - limps along here, severely stunted stalks, lousy survival
>         STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN - spectacular growth and bloom

> 1999 AMs
> TB:
>         LADY JULIET - killed three different rhizomes - hates my garden
>         PACIFIC DESTINY - grows well, but stalks are stunted (late freezes?)
I haven't tried any of the others.

ONElist announces "FRIENDS & FAMILY!"
See homepage for details, including our weekly drawing!