Re: OT: Irises & their Names Sake (was: Re: [iris-photos] Fw: Marie Caillet)

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT: Irises & their Names Sake (was: Re: [iris-photos] Fw: Marie Caillet)
  • From: "Dorothy A. Stiefel" <daf10@cornell.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:50:24 -0400

From: "Dorothy A. Stiefel" <daf10@cornell.edu>

At 01:03 PM 7/22/99 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>Ya know something...I think it would be really spiffy to have a regular
>feature of the AIS Bulletin where you show a photo of an iris & the person
>it's named after, and then give a brief bio of both.

SNIP

>I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen an article like this from any iris
>publication, and I can't recall a single one.

You've been looking in the wrong place, Dennis....  :-)

"What's in a Name?'' is a semi-regular feature in ROOTS, the publication of
the Historic Iris Society (HIPS).  They ARE very interesting articles!
Several have been written by folks subscribing to this list....of course,
these have dealt with historic irises.

You'll just have to join HIPS.  Sorry I'm not sophisticated enough to do a
hotlink here....but the necesary info. is on the HIPS webpage.

Dorothy Stiefel
(Dryden, NY)

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
http://www.onelist.com
Weekly drawing is held each Friday.  See homepage for details!