CULT: iris borer part 2

Many thanks to all those who took the time to cheer me on in the Borer Wars.  I am particularly charmed by those who were dismayed at the thought of 4 trash bags full of rhizomes--not to worry, there were plenty I salvaged!  The ones I pitched were badly infested, and I saved enough of each variety to feel it was safer to just dispose of the rest.  It was of particular interest to me that, where I had a large bed of VICTORIA FALLS and RARE TREAT together (with several clumps of oriental poppies, which is gorgeous in the spring by the way <VBG>)  our little borer friends were much more interested in RT than VF.  In fact they didn't even touch the old unidentified purple self in another bed, although they found miss MARY FRANCES right next door to be quite tasty. . .

My question of what to do with the remaining bed is now answered--if I understand you all correctly, I can replant in it if absolutely necessary (it is, unfortunately, or I'd let it lie fallow) and be vigilant about pupa patrol.  (In turning over the bed, I did find a stray borer which is why I was concerned that he would just help himself to my beautiful new succulent and innocent rhizomes . . .)  I will certainly not leave any foliage over the winter, and it looks like I'll have to seriously consider chemical warfare next year.

Further advice is always welcome,  and again I thank you all.
Mary Blatz
Skaneateles, NY (near Syracuse)  USDA Zone 5