Re: OT:Pilling Cats

From: Chris Darlington <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca>

Try this , cat lovers:  crush a pill up in a spoon and mix in double the
amount of butter or cream cheese.  Smear the mixture around the cats
mouth area if you can't get a dry pill in .  If you have problems doing
this , smear the mixture onto the cats paw and he or she will surely
lick it off.  Cats DON'T like to be dirty .  Both of our beasts have
nervous disorders and need to be sedated before going to the vet.

Good luck
Chris Darlington

Robert & Patricia Roberson wrote:

> From: "Robert & Patricia Roberson" <patrob@centex.net>
>
> Sometimes cats are just a bit snappy at times like this.  We discovered with
> our two-year-old black (maybe part Siamese) that the first two or three days
> went okay.  Then as his fever subsided, the level of snappiness increased
> until it became wise to save the last pill "in case of relapse."  We wrapped
> the "victim" in a towel, pried his mouth open, tossed the pill as far back
> as possible, held his mouth shut, and hoped for the best.  But as the cat
> regained health, the process became more difficult.  Definitely use a towel
> for wrapping and watch the fingers.
>
> Patricia Roberson, lover of cats and irises, in Goldthwaite, Texas.
>

> > Holding there mouth shut and blowing in their nose makes them swallow and
> > makes pilling them easier.

> Having difficulty getting "in synch" with list members?
> http://www.onelist.com
> Try ONElist's Shared Calendar to organize events, meetings and more!

ONElist announces "FRIENDS & FAMILY!"
http://www.onelist.com
See homepage for details, including our weekly drawing!