OT: Irises & Their Names Sake

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Message text written by Dennis Kramb:

>  Ya know something...I think it would be really spiffy to have a regular
feature of the AIS Bulletin where you show a photo of an iris & the person
it's named after, and then give a brief bio of both.  The bio for the
flower would be pretty simple, of course, but the bio for the person would
be loads of fun.

I agreed.  I did that some years ago for a regional publication, but they
couldn't handle pictures.  I like this idea better.

>  Ya know, even an article on GRIZZLED OLD WARRIOR would be a lot of fun
Especially since he probably "helped" Sharon hybridize it.  LOL!

No.  The cross was made before he was born -- but he DID help select it <G>
because his fur set the standard for "black" beards.

Sharon McAllister

Enter ONElistís WEEKLY DRAWING for $100!
By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY PROGRAM.  See homepage for details.