RE: OT:Pilling Cats

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

Any one of my four darlings wouldn't hesitate to rip me limb from limb if I
tried to cram a pill down their throats.

Considering that they all love milk (and I have the element of surprise
working in my favor), I grind the pill in a mortar, mix with milk, suck it
up into a syringe (WITHOUT the needle), and within seconds have the meds
into the cat.

I've gotten disgusted looks and some rather nasty comments, but had no
battles.

I rely on their help keeping the iris beds free of mice and gophers during
the summer and I'd like to stay in their good side as much as possible.

Christy Hensler
Newport, WA
http://www.povn.com/rock/