Re: CULT: Use of Image for Nutsedge

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

Hi Patrick,
Haven't used Image.   We have experimented with manage and permit.  Be very
cautious, some of the chemicals for nutsedge are residual and can damage
iris for a couple of years.  Best thing to do with nutsedge is weed it out
before there are 5 leaves on the plants.  If there are 5 or more leaves they
have started an underground network and your toast.  Some pre-emergents will
prevent yellow nutsedge but not purple,  if you don't know what you have let
me know and I can tell you how to tell the difference.
The best chemical combo to kill all nutsedge is Permit or Manage with a
spreader/sticker called lemonene.  100% kill, but will cause Round-up like
conditions for your iris.  There is a new chemical out but I haven't been
able to find any info on it yet.
Hope that helps.
Mike