Re: MED: Companion perennials

From: Iarejan@aol.com

In a message dated 7/26/99 10:34:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hensler@povn.com writes:

<< California poppies, violas, and
 portulaca are currently growing among the TBs and dwarf irises and this
 area of the garden doesn't get watered unless it rains. >>
    I have to add my vote for portulaca as a go-anywhere,  survive anything
companion plant.   Although the blossoms close when it's overcast and towards
evening, they
are available in such an amazing range of colors...even a "broken color" pink
and white and they don't take much fussing at all.   Mine even reseeded
amazingly well, I'd find little seedlings all over.  I do keep them well in
front of the rhizomes however.

Janet Natale
Zone 8 of SC where it's 100 degrees, giving the portulaca quite a workout

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.