Re: watering system/weed control

From: william hale <pennys_picks@yahoo.com>

hi all,
  i know i don't do a whole lot of input to this list but i saw
watering systems and had to say some thing here. i use just drip
irrigation. the only time i spray my plants. any of them in my garden
not just my irises. is to treat a pest or illness. or to foliar feed
with seakelp or sea weed extract. and since i have started the foliar
feeding with the liquid seaweed. i have seen a major diference in my
plants. not just bloom wise. but over all health as well.
as for weed control. this year the big local growers have been using
something new. i don't know the name of it. but they are using it to
fight chick weed we have lots of that here. i will try and find out
what it is. but it seemed that they missed out on a lot of bloom. one
man didn't have half of what he normally does bloom wise. and another
man had hardly nothing for bloom at all. he came to my garden to see
all my irises. i will find out what it is. it didn't seem it did all it
claimed to do. it kept the weeds down but kept the bloom off their
irises as well.

ONElist announces "FRIENDS & FAMILY!"
For details, including our weekly drawing, go to