Cult: Cygon

From: Gardenhous@aol.com

To all and Bill Shear

How does Cygon work?  I am under the impression that it is absorbed throught
the leaves when sprayed on in the spring and acts as a systemic to what? Kill
larvae when they ingest its remenants?  So if I soak my rzs in cygon before
planting does this offer protection for next springs borer attack?  If not
the fans then the rz itself.?  does lindane work the same way?  What about
diazonin in the soil, certainly will get wireworms secondary to borer.  Or am
i just poisoning the world now?  I started with onions  ( egyptian onions
wonderful things do you alll know them?) and marigolds to help ward off evils
but that didn't work and now I am a full out chemist.   DoreenMcCabe
Westford, MA