OT: Roundup

Mike Sutton wrote

>but will cause Round-up like conditions for your iris.

Could anyone describe what Round-up like conditions are? I did search the archives but didn't find much. What about Subdue or Diuron use on iris? Weeds and grasses seem like a terrible invasion of my iris beds until I read the posts about borers! YUK! I've put in several new raised beds that are clean (so far!) but the older established beds are a constant battle. Considering chemicals and would like some ideas.

Thanks for any info.

Char Randall
Melba, ID