Re: Cult: sibs vs spuria

From: Dollar61@aol.com

In a message dated 7/27/99 11:38:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
Gardenhous@aol.com writes:

<< I have another question.  I found a green caterpillar that was 3.5 long
 an inch in diameter with  some horns that cover its side tipped in blue,
 tipped in yellow and eye stalks orange.  What will this become?  It was on a
 branch under an apple tree. >>
Hello Doreen,
The caterpillar may be that of the Cecropia Moth, which likes to make itself
home on apple trees, and a host of other trees as well. It makes a large
brown cocoon on the tree limbs. As far as the moth, the wings are a speckled
gray-brown and the body is a dull red-orange with a white collar on it's
abdomen. All this according to the National Audubon Society Field guide Book.
hope this helps.

Jim Dollarhide