CULT: Bleach

From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>

> From: "Glenn Simmons" <glsimmon@swbell.net>
> When we make the 10% solution what we do is pour the
> mixed solution into a
> bucket then set the rhzs in the solution and we let them
> sit there for a
> minimum of 30 minutes.  You want the liquid in the bucket
> to be fairly
> shallow, just deep enough to cover the rhzs.  You do not
> want to treat the
> fans with this solution.  If you have trimmed the fans to
> a nice inverted
> "V" that will leave an opening at the cut where the 10%
> solution can get
> inside the fan and if it does it will burn the fan and it
> will die.  This
> will not really hurt the iris to my knowledge but it does
> make it look bad
> and if you don't know what is happening you will think
> something drastic is
> happening to your plants!  :)  Does this sound like
> someone who has done
> this?  Well I have and I didn't know what was happening
> to my beautiful
> fans!
> Have a good day.
> Glenn
> Glenn & Linda Simmons

V. sez:

   Some people recommend leaving the rhizomes in the bleach
for no more than 5 minutes. Some rinse off the bleach
solution with fresh water. Any opinions???

Vince Lewonski
Secane, PA  Zone 6

"Here come Ol' Flattop!"
Do You Yahoo!?

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
       NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR.
Apply online today!                http://www.onelist.com/ad/nextcard1