CULT: BSP report zone 4

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Here is a much belated report.  Numbers of cultivars that I grow of each
type are approximations.  I have yet to produce a decent list of all that we
grow as it changes every year.

As in the past few years, this was not a normal season.  Spring came about
three weeks early and lasted about 3 days.  I would say that we have had the
record number of over 80F days during bloom season where the normal highs
are closer to 70F.  Conditions were also dry.  Normally, my first bloom is
around May 20 and last bloom around June 25.

MDB (10)
First to bloom:  Compact Buddy May 3
Last to bloom:  Cinnamon Apples May 17
Season closer:  Hey There May 30

SDB (50)
First to bloom:  Smell The Roses, Thrice Blessed May 9
Last to bloom:  Near Myth, Captive Sun, Pele, Webmaster May 17
Season closer:  Yat Rock June 1
BSP cultivars:  Gemstar May 11

IB (20)
First to bloom:  Bit of Chocolate May 12
Last to bloom:  Galway May 20
Season closer:  Swizzle, Triplet June 1
BSP cultivars:  Dark Waters May 18

MTB (10)
First to bloom:  Apricot Drops May 19
Last to bloom:  Cybernet June 1
Season closer:  Cybernet June 8
BSP cultivars:  Chickee May 29, Honorabile May 19

BB (10)
First to bloom:  Very Varied May 26
Last to bloom:  Sonja's Selah, Eramosa Miss, Border Bandit May 30
Season closer:  Sonja's Selah June 13
BSP cultivars:  Cranapple May 27, Batik May 29

TB (90)
First to bloom:  Immortality May 16
Last to bloom:  Glass Slipper June 4
Season closer:  Glass Slipper June 21
BSP cultivars:  Superstition May 30

Sib (20)
First to bloom:  Indy, My Love, Helicopter, Chilled Wine May 30
Last to bloom:  Shirley Pope, Fourfold White, Peg Edwards June 5
Season closer:  Silver Rose June 20

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)