Re: CULT: Roundup Conditions

These are the same herbicide chemicals we use.  We do try to use them sparingly, only when necessary.  Surflan is the best piece of advice I have received concerning weed control but it has to be used on a schedule.  Hopefully with another years use we can stop using it.

The thing I am interested in is a broadleaf herbicide that is safe to use on iris.   This is what I am looking for.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Glenn

Glenn & Linda Simmons
mailto:glsimmon@swbell.net
         or
mailto:GlennSimmons@netscape.net

Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Roundup Conditions

I've come to the same conclusion. I use Surflan pre-emergent to good effect on some beds. I use Poast grass killer primarily to kill off the grass before tilling up a new bed, but in normally weeded beds the grass explosion in mid-July looks awful, but is easy to jerk out if you get at it within a couple of weeks.

James Brooks
Jonesborough, TN
hirundo@tricon.net