louisiana iris

From: Matt Thompson <mthbarco@earthlink.net>

Louisiana iris:
I live in Ohio, zone 6.  I have a pond with a cement stream and various bog
gardens.  Some of my Louisiana irises are in a 6-inch cement stream
anchored with stones and roots.  I will be turning off my stream in late
fall, and I'm not really sure what to do with my Irises.  If let them in
the stream I am afraid with Ohio's freezing and thawing weather the roots
won't have any protection.
I can pot them up and put them on my marginal shelf in my pond or I can put
them in my acidic bog garden.  If I put them in dirt, come early spring
what will happen to their flowering cycle when I want to put them back in
my stream?  Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Lora
1005 Beacon Lane
Englewood, OH 45322
Ph / Fax: (937) 836-1048
e-mail: mthbarco@earthlink.net

ONElist users:  YOU can win a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
Check out the FRIENDS & FAMILY program to find out how.
For details, go to http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html