TB: corkscrew foliage

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

Last year I acquired several unknown historic TB's from my neighbor.  I got
one start of each, and they were all quite small (probably because she
grows them in a shady area in her yard).

Anyhoo...only 2 of them bloomed this year.  One of the ones that did NOT
bloom this year is turning into a monster.  It has very tall, very wide
leaves.  But the most peculiar thing about it is the corkscrew foliage it
has.

Almost every leaf makes a 180 degree twist from the base to tip.  Some go
360 degrees (looks like a double twist). I've never seen an iris do this
before.  I wonder if it's a genetic thing or if the iris is stressed out
somehow?

It could be a fun thing to hybridize for.  I can see it now......a
variegated, space age, broken color, reblooming, corkscrew, TB iris! <grin!>

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com

Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
http://www.onelist.com/store/tshirts.html
With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.