HYB: Thornbird (again)

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

Well wouldn't you know!  I harvested the last seed pods from my clump of
THORNBIRD today and the cross between THORNBIRD x AUTUMN ORANGELITE
produced 108 fully formed seeds with only one partially-formed seed.  (Most
of my crosses have produced a significant percentage of partially-formed
seeds to fully formed seeds.)  So that's my new record--108 seeds from one
pod.

There are only 6 (bearded) pods remaining to harvest.....3 on ALIEN MIST
and 2 on SONJAH'S SELAH (sp?) and 1 on MINI CHAMPAGNE......and I doubt any
of those will break today's record.

However, one of my beardless crosses stands a chance of breaking it.  I
selfed MARVELL GOLD and it produced a big fat juicy pod.  It should be
ready to harvest in a couple weeks.  I'll keep you posted.

P.S. Pollen daubing is fun!

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com

Congratulations DALMATIANRESCUE. Our latest ONElist of the week.
To see full story and submit YOUR ONElist story, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/ootw_19.html