Re: Chat: Naming Suttons Iris

From: "Shauna _" <skorblizzard@hotmail.com>

Ah, to have an iris named after you (or be able to buy a personalized bike
license plate for that matter...)

How I wished my name was Mary or Nancy back then, when the bike plates were
hip. I named both my daughters with names current with the times that they
were born, (making sure of course that there were bike license plates
available for them, before I named them)(just kidding!) - but when the time
came that I suggested that I buy them one, they both flatly refused, stating
that "Bike License plates are for geeks."

Needless to say, I was crushed.

I figure the only way I will get anything with the name Shauna on it, is:
create it myself or have someone name name a plant after me (hopefully
before I am dead). I did suggest to Mike Sutton that he should name a white
and brown plicata after my email address account(Skorblizzard - white
ice-cream with bits of Skor chocolate bar in it) but I am still waiting on
that one.  :)

Last week my 11 year old was trying her hand at hybridizing Asiatic lilies -
so you never know!!

(zone 3)

Congratulations DALMATIANRESCUE. Our latest ONElist of the week.
To see full story and submit YOUR ONElist story, go to