Re: OT Iris named Doreen

  • To: <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT Iris named Doreen
  • From: "Bill Stone" <wstone@volcano.net>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 14:42:25 -0000

From: "Bill Stone" <wstone@volcano.net>

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff and Carolyn Walters <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
To: <iris-talk@onelist.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 1999 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Nameing Suttons Iris

> From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
> Doreen,
> As Jan Clark has already noted, they may not name dolls or songs in your
> honor, but there ARE irises for all occasions. Unfortunately, the
> Checklists do not indicate that either DOREEN or DOREEN QUIGLEY was ever
> introduced. However, all is not yet lost - there was an iris bearing your
> name that was both registered AND introduced!
> DOREEN J (K. Carstensen, '71) TB 34" M. Sky blue self; yellow beard tipped
> white; ruffled.
> Now the only question is, is there someone who is still growing it?
> Regards,
> Jeff Walters in northern Utah  (USDA Zone 4/5, Sunset Zone 2)
> jcwalters@bridgernet.com
> > From: "Jan Clark"
> >
> > There has been an iris registered as DOREEN. I'm not sure what year, or
> by
> > whom, and don't even know if it's still available.

    I acquired a iris ( actually 3 ) from my brother in Klamath Falls area
Ore. that he called Doreen. It will take a year or so to see if grows and
matches Jeff's description. feel free to check back next year and see how it
does  Bill

Stone's Iris Garden
23801 Shake Ridge Rd.
Volcano, CA 95689
                                   3500 ft. elev. 55 miles SE of Sacramento,
                                                    Sunset Zone 7

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com!
If you join ONElistís FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to