TB: corkscrew foliage

From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>

> Dennis Kramb wrote:
> >
> > From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
> >
> > Last year I acquired several unknown historic TB's from
> my neighbor.  I got
> > one start of each, and they were all quite small
> (probably because she
> > grows them in a shady area in her yard).
> >
> > Anyhoo...only 2 of them bloomed this year.  One of the
> ones that did NOT
> > bloom this year is turning into a monster.  It has very
> tall, very wide
> > leaves.  But the most peculiar thing about it is the
> corkscrew foliage it
> > has.
> >
> > Almost every leaf makes a 180 degree twist from the
> base to tip.  Some go
> > 360 degrees (looks like a double twist). I've never
> seen an iris do this
> > before.  I wonder if it's a genetic thing or if the
> iris is stressed out
> > somehow?

   V. sez:
   CLOUD BALLET was a corksrew grower last year, but is not
this year. Didn't move it or do anything different. It also
has large, husky rhizomes that could be weighed by the
pound.

===
Vince Lewonski
vincelewonski@yahoo.com
Secane, PA  Zone 6

"Here come Ol' Flattop!"

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
Drawing is held each week through August 20.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html