Re: CULT: Transplanting Irises

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Transplanting Irises
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 06:25:21 -0500

> The highest increase rate and the strongest growth plus bloom I have ever
> seen has come from late May-early June division and reset-- without the
> butch haircut.
>
> Neil Mogensen  6b/7a (the garden spans two microclimates) near
> Asheville, NC

  This above works in this climate, too, if the weather cooperates, and has
it ever with cool nights, moderate days, and nearly five inches of
rain.

  All the 2001 sprouts were lined out three weeks ago without a
'butch haircut.'  Reselect seedlings were all divided and reset last
week-end just in time for the five inches of rain.  They got 'butch
haircuts.'  Some times in May and early June, we can still be windy
and the plants can topple, and it has been windy expecially in the
thunderstorms.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8