AIS: '99 Checklist

  • Subject: AIS: '99 Checklist
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 06:49:02 -0500

On 31 May 01, at 1:55, patriciabrooks@coupeville.net wrote:

> Ditto for me.  I finally had to make all my orders for 2002 cultivars
> without that valuable info about '90s cvs re. the fertility of those
> intros.  Being bent on hybridizing, that info is invaluable.  Is that list
> now available in print and/or electronic form?  Where do I send my check?
>
> Patricia Brooks
> Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8

  Is this a typo, or are you really that far ahead and know what the 2002
intros are?   Can you order without the 2002 catalogs
in hand?

  Schreiner's and Cooley's don't ordinarily list their current introductions' parentages until
nearly a year after they are introduced, which is definitely a set-
back to hybridizers.

One of the greatest things about the Keppel catalog is all of those
parentages and you don't need to go running for the R & I's to check
on the parentages in order to know what kind of luck you might have
with the new intro.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA