Re: Re: CULT: Transplanting Irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Transplanting Irises
  • From: "lilylvr" <lilylvr@kansas.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:14:04 -0700

Hi Tom,
I frequently transplant in spring. I always try to move as much soil as possible so as not to disturb the roots. Ever After was placed in a nicer location this spring and bloomed better than it has ever done for me. It was in too much shade. I also moved a large bed that ended up being impossible to get the grass out of. They were all new last august. About half of them bloomed. The same as in other beds with new iris. I do not really recommend dividing in early spring though as it seems to set the rhizomes back and if it is wet they can rot.
Sincerely Wendy