HIST: Pink Ruffles

  • Subject: HIST: Pink Ruffles
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 21:19:14 -0400

Well, Neil, I dunno - I think mine is more like Mike Lowe's PINK RUFFLES
#1 - #2 has an orange beard, and I'm pretty sure mine had yellow like
#1.  I thought I had a photo, but I can't find it.  Before I figured out
how to use the photo software and rename files, (and before I got all my
row markers straightened out!) I got a bit mixed up on what I was taking
pictures of & the 'off' colors if I didn't get the light coming at the
flower from the best angles makes matching them up at this stage nearly
impossible.  (What I thought was a photo of PINK RUFFLES is actually
LILAC HAZE on the other side of the gravel field).

I'm pretty sure this plant originally came from Ellie Weikle, when I
first joined iris-list in the early days of this discussion forum
(1996).  She sent me several nice historics that are still alive here,
including the I. neglecta and RAMESES shown in the photos I posted
awhile back, as well as this one.

Maybe Mike Lowe knows which version Ellie was growing?

Linda Mann east Tennessee zone 7/8