Re: TB: HIST: bloom report - pinks

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: HIST: bloom report - pinks
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:59:39 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/01 3:30:57 PM Mountain Daylight Time, lmann@icx.net

<< This may mostly be for Jeff Walters, but others might be interested.  We
 were wondering which of some of the famous older pink TBs were likely to
 survive here at the Rot Queen's torture chamber, so I've been trying a
 PINK BOUNTIFUL (Cook 1949) bloomed with some protection, new this year
 (bloom set elsewhere)
 PINK FORMAL (Muhl. 1947) 2nd year here, bloomed with some protection and
 set a bee pod!
 PINK LACE (Sass 1945) 2nd year, no bloom even with some protection
 PINK RUFFLES (Smith 1940) heavy bloom with NO protection (nice 4th year
 PINK TAFFETA (Rudolph 1965) no bloom even with some protection, 2nd yr
 I may have some more - if it didn't have 'pink' as the first part of the
 name, it may have been overlooked.

Some of the Fay & Hall pinks might be worth trying, as they did well for me
in both Oklahoma's hot & humid and its hot & dry summers.  CHERIE and HAPPY
BIRTHDAY come immediately to mind.

Sharon McAllister