Re: SPEC: I.Foetdissima

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPEC: I.Foetdissima
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 08:32:09 +1000

<<
SIGNA seed exchange always has something to offer in case you can't
find a commercial source for grown plants.  I obtained a piece of the
variegated one and it bloomed while I was out of town this week.  How
frustrating!  It's the first foetidissima to bloom in my garden and I
missed it.  :(

You didn't miss much.  It really is an insignificant flower.... although
probably quite interesting if you're into muddy brown and mauve.
Definitely grown for the leaves not the flowers.

I finally acquired I. foetidissima this year again (had it years ago and
lost it) so I am waiting to find out what the flowers on the non-variegated
are like.  Probably the same I'd hazard.  Maybe I was lucky enough to buy
the citrine form that has yellow flowers?  Fingers crossed.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, Irises
plus just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!