Re: SPEC: I.Foetdissima

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPEC: I.Foetdissima
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 17:13:31 +1000

>>  It really is an insignificant flower.... although
>> probably quite interesting if you're into muddy brown and mauve.
>> Definitely grown for the leaves not the flowers.
> Er, grown for the colorful seed pods?

The variegated one is probably grown more for the foliage as it has that
all year around.  The seed pod is supposedly rather spectacular, although I
have never had seed set on the variegated variety.  Maybe it is sterile?

Hoping that my normal one will fower and set seed this year.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, Irises
plus just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!