OT:Weather

  • Subject: OT:Weather
  • From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:17:05 -0600

So here it is--one week to the show--and I am out checking stalks to see
which ones might hold off a bit to open and be ready for the show--thinking
about picking the stalks early next Friday morning--and when we woke up
Monday morning--we had over 4" of new, wet, heavy snow all over
everything!!!
Severe tree damage all over town--and along with that, no electricity for
many hours--but the greatest loss was my iris blooms--the ones with the top
flower out--the flower just crashed to the ground from the weight of the
snow--the ones with just buds and no open flowers did a little bit
better--but it sure is heartbreaking to see what had been an Iris patch,
full of lovely  blooms Sunday afternoon--now a mess of broken off, frozen
blooms.
So to all of you who had some great stalks for your shows--stop and
appreciate that you did have the blooms--take a minute to not think of your
Iris patch as a work area--but enjoy the blooms--and be glad that you had
them!!!
Carryl zone 3/4  in western Montana--