Re: [OT] Photo colors was HIST: Pink Ruffles

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] [OT] Photo colors was HIST: Pink Ruffles
  • From: gmbeasle@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:22:32 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/01 12:22:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gerrysnyder@mediaone.net writes:

> gmbeasle@aol.com wrote:
>  >
>  > Would it be possible for there to be standard color cards for - say blue
> and
>  > red or pink,...
>  The AIS used to distribute the "RHS Colour Chart"
>  (Royal Horticultural Society) but they became
>  VERY expensive and AIS stopped selling them.

OK - I knew that the RHS Color Chart was out of reach by price.

I was asking another question.

Wouldn't a standardized color card included in a photo help one to know the
actual color of the item being photographed???  You could put your standard
card next to the one in the picture or print and see if the color was the

Now I have another question.  Since the RHS charts are so expensive, isn't
there some other chart that could be substituted?  Doesn't the printing or
graphics industry or the paint industry or someone have a fairly universal
substitute that could be used??  Why just say the RHS chart is too expensive
and give up?  You wouldn't have to have EVERY color.