Re: HYB: seedling 27-26-A

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] HYB: seedling 27-26-A
  • From: Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:41:35 -0700

<wmoores@watervalley.net> writes:
> OWYHEE DESERT >
> Here, the flowers are huge but on stalks about a foot tall.
> I noticed this in Dallas last year at the convention.  Are they short
> everywhere?

Walter, It bloomed 21" here which looks like a foot tall compared
with everything else. I saw it in San Diego on the Region15 trek,
blooming it's head off but still short.
I don't mind the spray pattern, last year we had a Horticulture
Instructor
from the local college come through with his class.
They all went gaga over Sutton's "Wild Sharon" which is an exaggerated
"Street Walker" type with the spray pattern covering the whole fall.
They all thought it looked like an orchid.
Only pod this year is Owyhee Desert X Bewilderbeast, I'll see how
wild or weird this is.
Randy