Re: AIS: Convention Pictures

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: Convention Pictures
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:03:39 -0500
On 6 Jun 01, at 17:02, arilbredbreeder@cs.com wrote:

> Does anyone else have convention photos from years gone by?  Or interest
> in seeing/sharing same?
> Sharon McAllister

Carousels of slides going back to the early 1970's.  If I had any
pictures, they have long since faded or my memory of them has faded.

I remember particularly 1974 getting slides of the foreign
'delegations' from Germany and Africa.  This was at Roanoke, VA; I
think.  I have not looked at any of these since we were snowbound
umpteen winters ago.

I remember all of the rain in Tulsa in 1980. My first taste of kiwi!

Aging, malfunctioning buses in San Diego and Ft. Worth.

The blooms at Wichita and Detroit (1976, not 1997)

The buds in Omaha and Detroit.

The trumpet fanfare in Denver and the flaming Baked Alaska. 1982

Freezing to death on the beach at Boston watching Hooker Nichols
manipulate lobster hardware at the AIS clambake.

The greatest had to be Portland, 1994.  Everything was fantastic.

Of course, the wonderful people in the world at all of them!

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8