[Fwd: CULT: TB Multiple Stalks and Rebloomers]

  • Subject: [Fwd: CULT: TB Multiple Stalks and Rebloomers]
  • From: Sandra Barss <barsssa@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:55:37 -0700

Does anyone know of a good web site or other source for information on this
sort of subject, i.e., are rebloomers "sort of" programmed for a certain
number of
bloomstalks in a season ?

Also does anyone have any pictures of iris with the "typical" form of
multiple stalks ?

I always visualized that two separate stalks would come from the rhizome,
but this
is not what has happened.  I have one heavy stalk coming from the rhizome
but it splits about four inches up into two stems.  Sort of looks like
"fasciation" in

Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Sandra Barss wrote:

> Pagan Dance (the one that rebloomed for me last year) has sent up two
> stalks from one rhizome.  I am not sure how rebloomers work, but will
> that affect the likelihood of it reblooming later this year.

Sandra Barss
SE Manitoba
Zone 3