Re: SPEC: yellow I. foetidissima

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPEC: yellow I. foetidissima
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:52:13 +1000

> Paul, can you tell from the somewhat blurry photo I posted on
> iris-photos which one I have?

Linda,

I haven't looked at Iris Photos yet.... but if it is yellow then it is not
the normal one.  To my knowledge (given only descriptions and the flowers
on the variegated form.... I've not had the normal flower) the normal form
is a bluey/browny/mauve without yellow.  As far as I know the lutea (or
whatever it is called.... the name here escapes me at the moment.....
Citrine or something like that) has yellow flowers.  Nota bright gold, but
a pale yellow.  Still much brighter than the species.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, Irises
plus just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!